Oh grilled avocado how I love thee. Who knew that such a simple concoction could fuel so much drool and want. While Katty was whipping up her stunning Cabbage Sacks, she pulled out a ripe avocado from her veggie basket and said, “I’ll cook this!” She’d not stuck an avocado on the grill before. The avocado was perfectly ripe so not much was needed other than the two secret herbs and spices (salt and pepper, ssssh), some olive oil and a touch of balsamic vinegar.
- ripe, avocado or two or three … like the dark, dark ones
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar or a nice fancy pants vinegar could be nice
Do to it:
- cut in half and pit (hell stick the pit in water and grow a tree!)
- pour a touch of olive oil in the center
- pour a touch less vinegar in the center
- pepper and salt that baby
- stick on grill skin side to the heat (don’t flip it!)
We share here at Girl On Grill Action, so everyone gets a half. No whining! Katty had this lovely meal with some red wine of the region, but a girly white like a Riesling or a Sauvignon Blanc could do the trick just fine. Champagne goes without saying as it goes with everything. Or whatever you crazy Californians use for white wine. Put that wine cooler down! A wine cooler is neither “wine” nor “cool.”
Katty kept the avocado on the grill while the other stuff was cooking. I can’t imagine that you can over cook an avocado. This dish was too easy and too good to not provide for your vegetarian or carnivorous guests. You could even get all fancy and stick some chopped tomatoes, cilantro and onions in the center and call it wanky guacamole. Oooooo. I might try that!